The 123FormBuilder Google Calendar integration allows you to create forms from which your visitors can:
- Create events, which will be transferred directly into one of the calendars from your Google Calendar account.
- Register as attendees at existing events from your Google Calendar account.
You can enable this application from the Applications section. Select the Google Calendar application from the list and click on Add. It’s very important that you are also logged into your Google Calendar account, in order for your 123FormBuilder and Google Calendar accounts to communicate.
Now follow these steps to enable the Google Calendar integration for your form:
- Click on Connect to Google Calendar.
- Click on Accept, in order to let the application apply any changes necessary to your Google Calendar account.
- A popup will appear, the Customize panel, where you have to associate Google Calendar fields with 123FormBuilder fields and hit Save. These associations establish how the information is passed to your Google Calendar account.
- From Usage mode, select the type of action you want: Create a new event or Add an attendee to an existing event.
It’s really recommended that you set on required the fields you’ll need to associate in the Customize panel. This way there won’t be any errors, when creating or attending an event, form users being unable to submit your form, without completing all the fields. If you do not set as required the current fields, users may skip some of them and the integration will not succeed in your Google Calendar account. In short, even though a submission will pass successfully, if not all fields have been completed, no event will be created or the attendee will not be added to your event.
- In Error handling (bottom page) you can add your email address, in case your submissions encounter some problems. If you delete an event, and later someone is trying to attend it, or if you delete a calendar, where someone is trying to create an event, you’ll receive an alert in your inbox with details of the submission. Here’s an example:
These were the steps for using the Google Calendar application for your form. Below you can find the steps for setting up the two types of actions that this integration allows: A. creating new events and B. adding attendees to one of your events.
To create a new event
- You’ll need to add to your form the fields Name, Date, Time, Email, Number (for Duration), and three Short Text Boxes (for Location, Description, and Title, respectively). Set them on required, as specified earlier.
- Select Create a new event from Usage mode, in the Customize panel.
- Select the calendar where you want the event to be created, if you have more than one calendar in your Google Calendar account. If you have problems finding your desired calendar press the Refresh button on the right.
- You can choose to write a title in the assigned box or associate the appropriate field from your form in the dropdown list, below. Don’t forget to click Add, in order for the field’s input to be set in the Title box.
- You can set the duration of the event in two ways: using Value – where you have five options available: 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 h, 1.5 h, 2 h or using Fields – where you can assign a Number field from your form, where users will specify the time in minutes.
- The Description box can be set the same way as the Title.
- Associate any field you want from the dropdown list for Location.
- You can allow multiple events to happen at the same time in your Google Calendar account, by enabling this option in the Customize panel.
- Click on Save and you’ll find the created event in your Google Calendar account, like in the example below:
To add an attendee to an existing event
- Here you’ll need to add and set as required only the fields Name and Email in your form.
- Select Add an attendee to an existing event from Usage mode, within the Customize panel.
- Select a calendar and make sure that the associations for the Name and Email fields are made correctly in Attendee details.
- In Event details choose the desired event. Search for it by Date and select its name from the dropdown list below.
- Click on Save within the Customize panel and your form is set.