Wix Code allows you to create your own database, a MySQL database. It’s a great tool to store information from your website and it looks like an Excel spreadsheet.
123FormBuilder forms can populate a new database with each submission entry. This way you have easy access to your form submissions. The database will be read only and all fields will create a new column.
Before creating the database you need to install 123FormBuilder on your Wix website.
1. First, open you Wix Editor and go to Backend. Click the plus sign and select New .js file
Next, name your file http-functions.js
2. Now, click your form and go to Settings – Redirect to a webpage ( choose in the parent frame) and specify the URL where you want to redirect your users after submitting the form.
After that, at the end of the URL add the following text #WixCode
3. Go to Forms, select your form, and click the Customize form button.
From your Form editor click the Publish icon and choose Direct Link. Identify your Form ID, which is numerical, and copy it.
4. Go back to the Wix Editor and create a New database collection.
In the lightbox that appears choose the option to Start from Scratch. Name your database like this: 123FormBuilder_5037317 ( instead of 5037317 you will paste your own Form ID, step explained at point nr 3).
Choose Form Submissions at the What’s this database collection for? question.
5. All set! Now go to your webpage and fill out the form. The entry will populate the spreadsheet in the Live tab of your database.